Dragaera

OT: Re: Elric (was Lord of Castle Black is up at Amazon)

Sun May 25 13:03:42 PDT 2003

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Sean wrote:

:Subject: Re: Elric (was Lord of Castle Black is up at Amazon)
:
:Steve said:
:
:Which explains why I groove on them so much - though I am not familiar with
:the works of Hammet, my top ten list of favourite fantasy writes goes -
:Zelazny, Moorcock (just read his new one - Dreamthief's Daughter - quite
:good - love the background on Oona) and Leiber (the other 7 are irrelevant
:to this list).

on moorcock notes:

I really liked Dreamthief's Daughter (bits of it echoed Lovecraft for me,
particularly the dreamlands stuff), but I just read its sequel (the
skrayling tree), and while it did bits of holdstock (mmm, mythic forests),
it wasn't anywhere near as good.  imho.

Arin
Arin Komins			       	      akomins at uchicago.edu
Manager of Web Systems Architecture
University of Chicago/ENSS/NSIT			tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637	fax: (773)702-0559