Dragaera

Elric (was Lord of Castle Black is up at Amazon)

Mark A Mandel mam at theworld.com
Mon May 26 10:43:52 PDT 2003

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Steven Brust wrote:

#
#Okay, I thought it was kind of obvious.  Just in case it isn't: yes,
#Moorcock's Elric books are huge influence.
#
#Hmmm.
#
#You can think of the Vlad books this way:
#A world created in honor of Fritz Leiber
#Fantasy tropes created in honor of Michael Moorcock
#A narrative style in honor of Dashiel Hammet
#A general aesthetic in honor of Roger Zelazny

Steve, unless you object this is going to get a section all its own at
the top of my "Jokes and Allusions" page.

-- Mark A. Mandel
   http://world.std.com/~mam/Cracks-and-Shards/
   a Steven Brust Dragaera fan website