Dragaera

Phoenix (was Re: Mario the Mystery)

Tue Aug 5 07:37:31 PDT 2003

Yeah, the mating with gods idea was really cool--that seems to work quite
well.  We know it can happen (ahem, Aliera) and that it produces perfectly
viable members of whatever house the human was.

But again, I also like the mystical explanation.

Perhaps, when House Phoenix lies in ashes, it will be born from the fire of
those ashes and rise again.  Perhaps when there are no more Phoenix left,
various children in various houses will have phoenix fly overhead at the
time of their birth, thus removing them from the house of their birth and
placing them in House Phoenix.

That could actually work very well, as it means the noblest house in the
Empire is therefore a combination of all the houses, and (probably)
expresses all the best traits of each house.  Sufficient interbreeding of
these reborn Phoenix would probably rarify those traits to complete the
House.

Jon