Dragaera

Thoughts about Piro and Krytaan....

Chris Olson - SunPS Chrisf.Olson at Sun.COM
Wed Nov 19 11:51:40 PST 2003

Jose wrote:
> Chris Olson - SunPS wrote:
>
> >Which came first, the Cycle or the Gods?  What about the Empire?
> >

> I suspect the gods came first, unless the Cycle included the other 14
> tribes and could drop them from its face as they disappeared. But given
> that the Cycle is a representation of who is in charge of the Empire,
> and the Empire didn't exist until after some of the gods rebelled, I
> think it's safe to assume that they came first.

Very well, I concede that the Cycle came after the Gods.
(Given the timeline, I suspected as much.)

That doesn't explain why the Gods seem to be somewhat beholden
to the Cycle.  Wouldn't they have been its creator?  I suppose
even the creators might have to answer to it, but given their
nature (at least some of them) I would have suspected them of
just making alterations where needed.  They did it with the
Orb, and the Cycle is in the Paths with them.

Just curious, as usual--gonna get me killed one day....<grin>

Chris

"I feel if a person can't communicate,
the very least they can do is shut up."
	~ Tom Lehrer ~