Dragaera

Book on Tape...

Sun Nov 23 09:17:45 PST 2003

> Because of the amount of driving I do, I've listened to many a book on
tape--
> and love them.  (Well, if they're unabbridged, that is.  I can't
> stand it when they tear up a writer's work.:)

I whole heartedly agree.  Abrigement is the work of mischevious evil demons!
There are so many good books out there that are killed by that.  When LoTR
came out to the movies year before last I went out and was lucky enough to
get a great deal on The Fellowship of the Ring on CD and listened to it
multiple times while traveling between Houston and Dallas.  On the opposite
hand I found a book on tape for Enders Game at the library on year and
decided that would be a great book to listen to.  A few minutes into it I
realized "Hey, this isn't right." and looked in the case and saw it was only
two CDs.  If I had bought that one I would have been back at the store
faster then Rosie O'Donnell on a gallon of Ice Cream.