Dragaera

Dragaera Book Search

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sun Jan 11 19:38:06 PST 2004

Jag <agrajag at dragaera.net> writes:

> I was unsure who to send this to, so I'm just sending it here.  Hope it
> gets to the right person.
>

> I was playing with the Dragaera Book Search on dragaera.info and noticed
> that it gives black responses at times.  For instance, if you search for
> 'teckla reign', then click the second response (should be for
> 500ya01.html) which is a three-star match, you don't see any useful data
> on the match.

Nope, 500YA doesn't show up until the *7th* response, and is a 2-star
match when I do it, and it's 500ya23 anyway.

But yeah, 500YA01 does show up blank on the detail.  This is because
the words never actually appear associated with each other, or even
repeating near themselves, often enough.  There is no actual match.

The problem is that the front-end, htdig, is really intended to search
web pages, and to consider an entire document to be a "hit", and that
doesn't work for what's wanted in booksearch.  So I've got rather a
hack going to use it for front-end, and then do detail search in the
chapter when you go there.

> Also, is there a way the 'Show' buttons can be turned into normal
> links?

Hmmm; no real technical reason why it couldn't be done, it'd just be
uglier.

> I'd love to be able to go through the list and just open the first
> few hits, each in their own tab, then go through them, closing the
> ones I don't want, and leaving the others open.  Unfortunately, with
> the way it is right now, I have to keep using Back and Forward to go
> through it, which is a little annoying.

Duplicate the page (it's CTRL-SHIFT/N in Opera, the only one I use
regularly enough to remember such things) before following each link.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://noguns-nomoney.com> <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>