Dragaera

[Fwd: Re: Several Questions... (spoilers)]

Tue Mar 2 22:58:45 PST 2004

From: J C <greyw01f at hotmail.com>

1)  Morrolan had a brother.  He was mentioned in FHYA.  It's possible that
this brother was somehow able to survive the explosion, at least, in a
soul-ish sense.  We know that Adron survived and is present, according to
Aliera, in the Lesser Sea.

2) Vlad is technically Aliera's brother, ie, Uncle to Devera, on her
mother's side.

It's possible that she refers to them as Uncle Vlad and Uncle Rollan
literally.  Besides, I don't at all like Kieron being Devera's father.
It's
not good.  It smacks of trying to keep the storyline limited to too few
characters, which I would regrettably argue peeks out its head every now
and
then in the vladiad.  While it's entirely pointless to mention it,
considering the reigning circumstances at the time, I don't see how she
would have had *time* to conceive with Kieron in the paths.  I don't see
why
she would have *wanted* to.  They're brother and
sister---*particularily* in
the paths.  Argue all you want for the genetic variation due to the
reincarnation of the soul, but in the paths, they are nothing BUT the
soul--the form they have is really quite peripheral.  No, I'd much
prefer if
Devera's father was someone new, or at the very least, NOT KIERON.  Just my
opinion though.

Jon