Dragaera

Dzur Mountain

Wed Mar 3 11:36:32 PST 2004

SPOILERS FOR ISSOLA

--- J C <greyw01f at hotmail.com> wrote:
> "'Mmmm.  I imagine it is rare?'
> 'It only appears as a gift from the Gods.'"
>
> I have a question:  Where did the original
> Trellanstone come from?  Knowing
> that the Gods are originally servants of the Jenoine
> implies that it is from
> them that it originates

   Not necessarily.  Maybe it is the presence of
amorphia itself that leads to trellanstone's creation.
 The other physical items that we've seen appear on
the shore of the Sea of Chaos are the purple stones
that can give their users knowledge of elder sorcery.
Perhaps it also creates small concentrations (like
isolated grains of sand) of the materials that make up
trellanstone.  Only the Gods (or the Jenoine) have the
necessary skills to collect and weave together these
ingredients as trellanstone.  Perhaps the Jenoine have
been experimenting more cautiously with chaos since
the disaster on Dragaera and managed to create a
source of amorphia (on the planet in _Issola_).  The
Gods didn't expect them to try this or be able to
figure out how to create trellanstone and this is why
Verra was shocked to see some there.

   Then again, maybe trellanstone isn't really a
physical object.  It could be made from wrapping the
properties of ammorphia together (perhaps with other
things) on some other level of reality, or several
levels (thus necessitating the Gods' involvement).
The physical substance Vlad sees is just a
manifestation of the forces in his reality.

> But anyway, we know that Trellanstone contains
> necrophia.  I wonder these
> two things: Why is it called Trellanstone?  Who or
> what is Trellan?

   The Serioli name was something different.  If this
is the Dragaeran name it could just be after the first
person to be given or identify it.