Dragaera

Poker

David Silberstein davids at Kithrup.COM
Fri Apr 2 14:02:55 PST 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

>And there's a prime example.  If you're actually holding the *best
>possible* hand -- that is, you know the odds of any other player
>having a better hand are *zero* -- then knowing the odds certainly
>will influence how you play your hand!
>
>I guess I can believe that people *have* been bluffed or bullied while
>holding the best possible hand -- but I have a hard time believing in
>such stupidity.

Well, it might not be stupidity per se.  I know very little about
poker, but I still find the following little quote Amusing:

   "A Smith & Wesson beats four aces

(or should it be "A Smith & Wesson beats five aces" ?)

And tangentally to speaking of cheating at poker, I just saw /The
Sting/ last night (where a deliberate poker cheat leads to other
stuff).  Very Amusing.

Are Chreotha the confidence tricksters & scam artists of Dragaera?
It would certainly tie into the whole web-weaving and traps side of
things.