Dragaera

The Whole Marriage/GW Thing

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Thu Apr 29 18:50:41 PDT 2004

M. Goepp wrote:

> And now for something completely different...Tsanaali said on page 221,
> "...there are twenty-one of us, including myself and the signal
> officer...which, being four squads of four, is exactly the number we ought
> to have."  Will someone more versed in military math tell me how four times
> four equals 21?

Four squads of four persons each, plus one leader per squad (one of whom
is Tsanaali*), plus the signal officer.  21.

At least, that's the only way it makes sense to me, anyway.

* I keep wanting to call him "zai na li," pronounced "tsai na li," Mandarin
for "located where?"
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/