Dragaera

How will House Phoenix arise from the ashes?

Wed Dec 14 15:24:09 PST 2005

>Well, yes, I shan't deny the validity of that. I was trying to avoid being
>simply contrary and asking "Where is the textex that Zerika I was a Reborn
>Phoenix?" There isn't any, making the question moot because it leaves the
>discussion in the exact state it was in previously.

I'm not sure that's true.  We know Paarfi wrote Viscount of Adrilanka during
Norathar's reign.  Ergo the cycle turned.  We have to have a reborn Phoenix
before that.  Zerika reigns at least 309 years (see preface? of The Phoenix
Guards)  Plus 179 years of Norathar's reign.  And Paarfi is still writing,
I'm not saying there can't have been another ruler in between, but strikes
me as unlikely.

Cheers

Mark