Dragaera

Concerning Plurality

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Tue Dec 27 13:48:20 PST 2005

On Dec 27, 2005, at 3:38 PM, Davdi Silverrock wrote:

> On 12/26/05, Mark A. Mandel <thnidu at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I asked if whoever had the info about the Tsalmoth myth would
>> please put
>> it on the Lyorn Records. Sir Davdi has summarized it nicely, and I
>> have
>> taken the liberty of putting his words there myself, properly
>> credited of
>> course: http://dragaera.wikicities.com/wiki/Tsalmoth_%28animal%29
>>

> I've been doing some more tsalmythological research, and I believe I
> have found some more useful posts in the mailing-list archives.  The
> post marked with a "==>" has the most definitive statement we have on
> the topic (SKZB says: "However, I was not being entirely serious").

> I have been unable to dig up information about the con that the
> original poster recalls hearing the statement at, however, it occurs
> to me that the poster may have misremembered the year, city name
> and/or state name.  Searching on "mississippi brust" found, among
> other things, the following amusing interview, so it wasn't a total
> loss.
>
>    http://www.quantummuse.com/steven_brust_interview.html
>
> At some point, I shall update the Tsalmyth article with the
> intelligence I have discovered.
> listinfo/dragaera

Thanks for the priceless interview. My favorite insight, one which
would never have crossed my mind, is below:
QM: If you had 20 millions dollars, would you spend it on a trip to
the space station, or would you just waste it?

SKZB: I would not waste it. I would make good, solid investments in
drugs and hookers.

As Vlad would never say, "Tag. You're it"