Dragaera

Cursing in Fenarian

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Jan 6 08:26:15 PST 2006

"Jeff G." <Log0n5150 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
01/06/06 08:07 AM

<dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: (Orca spoiler)

>My resource for all things crude, the Alternative Dictionary, does not
>mention that word on the Hungarian page. . . .
>
>http://www.notam02.no/~hcholm/altlang/ht/Hungarian.html
>
>For shit we have:
>
>szar ? shit note Meaning differs from its English equivalent. Though it
>literally means 'shit' Hungarian people use it to describe something of
bad
>quality. E.g. 'Az egész úgy szar, ahogy van' = It's not worth a piece of
>shit. Van egy tök szar autóm = I have a really bad car.
>
>However, at http://dict.sztaki.hu/index.jhtml I did find tragya, and it
was
>listed as manure, or muck. Given Vlad's opinion of horses, I could see
this
>being a curse to him.

...and here's a little more confirmation. This one gives several one-word
translations, Muck, Fertilizer, Excrement, Dung, Chip (Like a dung chip?),
Muck, manure.

This sounds a lot like the same kinds of synonyms you'd have for "shit"
(or maybe "crap") if a foreign speaker looked up those words in a
dictionary...

http://consulting.medios.fi/dictionary/?language=hu&search=tragya&allow=true

Also, check out the translations for legalabb:

http://consulting.medios.fi/dictionary/?language=hu&search=legalabb&allow=true

"At any rate" or "At the lowest estimate" might also work for this
exchange...

Majikjon