Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:25:07 PST 2006

On 1/10/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure this follows.
>
> How often does a soul of the e'Kieron line get reincarnated as an
> Easterner? And how often, when that *does* happen, does the Easterner
> become aware of that fact while he's alive? And have friends close at hand
> who can teach him to use those abilities without destroying himself?
>
> Vlad may, in fact, be the first, and only, Easterner who's learned Elder
> Sorcery. Seems likely, in fact.

But nobody needed to teach Vlad how to use amorphia. He just did it,
under stress. Aliera was needed only to stop him from destroying
Adrilankha in the process. So the existence of Vlad's powerful friends
makes it not more but less likely that Vlad's Elder Sorcery adventures
will get into the history books. (And I thought we were _refuting_ the
hypothesis that it was an innate ability of Easterners and not just
e'Kierons to use amorphia.) The only thing required in Vlad's first
instance were a link to the Orb and a suitable desperation. The only
point in favor of this hypothesis is that Easterners with links to the
Orb may be a relatively new (post-Interrugnum) thing. Then again,
there's that Easterner that Khaavren mistook for an Athyra...

Max Wilson

--
Be pretty if you are,
Be witty if you can,