Dragaera

Not a witch?

Wed Jan 11 21:01:33 PST 2006

Jon Lincicum wrote:

> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>
>> Hmph.  Your argument appears to hinge on Vlad meaning by "all" *every*
>> other type of magic that there is, rather than "all of the standard
>> Dragaeran branches of magic".
>>

> It wasn't really an argument, just trying to stay open to different
> possibilities.
>
> Vlad certainly uses the term loosely enough to make it a conversation,
> either way, though I'd say the preponderance of evidence does seem to
> point to witchcraft not being critical to the study of wizardry. It
> says nothing, however, about the art of Psychics themselves, which are
> at least related to witchcraft, and without the stigma of being
> "Eastern" (See Daymar).

But recall the mild contempt Aliera has for Daymar: "Hello, Daymar.
Mind-probed any teckla, lately?" "No," he answered with a straight face,
"did you have one that you wanted mind-probed?" "Not at the moment," she
said. "Ask me again next Cycle." "I'll be sure to."

It's possible that Daymar's brand of psychics is viewed as not much
higher than witchcraft.

Jose

--
Jose Marquez             | There are 10 types of people in
jhereg69 at earthlink.net   | the world: those who understand