Dragaera

A few questions for Steve re: Character names and identities

Mon Jan 16 14:49:09 PST 2006

Jon Lincicum wrote:

> While working on the Lyorn Records wikicity, I've compiled a few
> relatively minor questions about certain characters that it would help
> to have answers to, just for the purposes of clarification.
>
> Steve, if you've got the time an inclination, it'd be awesome to know
> the answers to the following:
>
> 1. Which is more correct, "Castlerock" (as in /The Phoenix Guards/) or
> "Castle Rock" (as in /The Viscount of Adrilankha/)? Or are both
> equally valid?

Depends on the time.  The rock was called Castle Rock on account of it
was a rock that looked like a castle (duh).  The town that happened to
grow there was called Castle Rock Town, then Castle Rock, then Castlerock.

> 2. What is the gender of the Chreotha "Deppian" who is referred to by
> both genders in /Paths of the Dead/?  The character is referred to as
> a "she" at the top of the page, then as a "he" a few paragraphs later.
> Chapter 14, Page 133, paperback.
>

> (Or were the Countess and her spouse perhaps both present at this
> meeting with Kâna?)

They were both present.

> 3. Is Grassfog's sister named "Tsira" (as it appears in the text of
> /Sethra Lavode/) or "Tsani" (as it appears in the front matter)? I'm
> guessing that "Tsani" is a typo, since the name "Tsira" is used
> consitantly in the body of the book, but I didn't know if one of these
> might be a nickname or something.

"Tsani" is a typo, I think.  Or maybe it's a nickname.  Yeah, I like
that.  I planned it all along.

> 4. Cwelli and Olani; Savn's parents. Which is which? (I'll completely
> understand if you don't care to answer this one, as it seems to be
> deliberately vague in the story itself--but it would be an enormous
> benefit to the "Dramatis Personae" page on the wikicity to able to to
> identify them a little more clearly.

Sorry.