Dragaera

the honing of Vlad (was Re: How much does Vlad *really* knowabout Kragar?)

Davdi Silverrock davdisil at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:44:42 PST 2006

On 1/17/06, Jon Lincicum <lincicum at comcast.net> wrote:
> Davdi Silverrock wrote:
>

> >Time travel weirds history.
> >

> Is it a given that time travel is in any way involved?

Since the distant past of Dragaera involves stuff from our present and
future, and yet the tales of Dragaera are being related in our
present, well, I nearly think time travel of *some* sort is indeed a
given.

> Could it be that Dragaera is actually just a planet that is colonized
> well into our own future,

Another - and I think more likely explanation - is that Dragaera may
have first been reached by a colonization ship passing through a
necromantic gate the size of a small moon.  That is, the planet itself
may well be in a universe distinct from the starting point of the
original colonists (and for that matter, further in the Dragaeran
universe's past).