Dragaera

Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Wed Feb 15 10:08:30 PST 2006

Maximilian Wilson <wilson.max at gmail.com>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
02/15/06 09:59 AM

dragaera at dragaera.info
cc

Subject
Re: Speculations about Sethra and the Lavodes (Was RE: TEST)

>On 2/15/06, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com <Jon_Lincicum at stream.com> wrote:
>> We don't know this.
>>
>> Sorcery is the "popular" theory, but all we know for sure is that Vlad
>> thinks Dragaerans can't get pregnant by accident.
>>
>> The method of contraception (or even if it really *is* what we would
>> consider to be contraception) is completely unknown to us.
>
>That's not all we know. IIRC Paarfi comments at one point that,
>pre-Interregnum, mixed-breeds were more common because modern
>contraceptives weren't available. Given the developments in sorcery
>since the Interregnum, I'd call that evidence in favor of
>contraception being sorcerous in nature. It certainly implies that
>it's not simple biology at work.

I *think* I recall the passage you're talking about, but I don't remember
it saying anything about contraception, or sorcery.

(Wasn't this comment in regards to Grita? Was it FHYA or PotD? I guess
it's time to check Search Inside. If somebody else doesn't beat me to it.)

Majikjon