Dragaera

Jenoine and Gods

Maximilian Wilson wilson.max at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 07:33:20 PST 2006

On 2/15/06, Claire Rojstaczer <ambyrglow at gmail.com> wrote:
> ". . .it is clear that it was Verra, and a few others, who sabotaged
> [the Jenoine's] work, who created the Great Sea of Amorphia, who
> unleashed upon the world that which we call sorcery, who themselves
> became the first of those we know as gods, and who destroyed all of the
> Jenoine who then lived on this world."
>
> The obvious answer is that Morrolan's mistaken, but can anyone come up
> with a cleverer reading?

1. Sethra may be using a more technical definition of "god" than
Morrolan is, based on duplocation.
2. Since the Jenoine are manifestly very powerful, if they are "gods"
according to Morrolan's definition, then the Jenoine we've encountered
*did* survive the creation of the Great Sea of Amorphia. (Or their
ancestors did.) Sethra merely says it "destroyed all of the Jenoine
who then lived on this world."

Max

--
Be pretty if you are,