Dragaera

Multiple emporers in a reign, revisited

Gaertk at aol.com Gaertk at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 12:28:37 PST 2006

"Scott Schultz" <scott at cjhunter.com> writes:

> Part of the problem is that the explicit examples we have of the
> Orb changing hands nearly all involve either abdication or the
> forceful removal of the emperor in question.

We know the details of three only changes, right?  (Faarith, Cherova
III, Tortaalik)  And of those three, one didn't involve the Orb
changing House.

In a different message, Philip Hart writes:
[Apologies to people with threaded mailreaders]

> Note that you haven't addressed my other objections - the supposed
> use of "The X emperor" to the exclusion of "An X emperor" (book
> search is not giving me a response here - if someone has the Texts
> it would be easy to grep them in perl or whatever) and the ending
> of _FHYA_.

I assume that's laziness; multiple emperors is so rare, everyone
assumes only one per reign unless specified otherwise.

Konrad Gaertner - - - - - - - - - - - - - - email: gaertk at aol.com
http://kgbooklog.livejournal.com/
"I don't mind hidden depths but I insist that there be a surface."
                          -- James Nicoll