Dragaera

Speculative Planetary Statistics for Dragaera (Math help?)

Jon_Lincicum at stream.com Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
Fri Apr 7 14:06:00 PDT 2006

Rebecca Harbison <stareyes at whimsical-dragon.net>
Sent by: dragaera-bounces at dragaera.info
04/07/06 11:12 AM

Dragaera <dragaera at dragaera.info>
cc

Subject
Re: Speculative Planetary Statistics for Dragaera (Math help?)

>I've... never heard that before. Moreover, it doesn't work on Venus
>or Mars -- Mars has a year that's twice as long as ours, but it's
>axial tilt and day length are nearly identical to Earth's.  Venus's
>day is longer than its year and the number given is not only wrong,
>but unphysical (greater than 180°).  As far as I know, it's arbitrary
>-- with a bias towards things mostly spinning close to straight up,
>and not so much down or sideways.

It would appear, therefore, to be a formula that just happens to be
correct for Earth... But for the wrong reasons.

I will have to search for some textev about the lengths and severity of
the seasons on Dragaera and come up with a speculative value that fits, as
37.37 degrees does seem to be a pretty steep incline.

Majikjon