Dragaera

Tukko

Kenneth Gorelick pulmon at mac.com
Tue May 30 16:48:39 PDT 2006

On May 30, 2006, at 6:12 PM, Steve Simmons wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 01:22:57PM -0700, Jon_Lincicum at stream.com
> wrote:
>
>>> Dri'Chazik a Tukknaro Dzur = Enchantress of Mountain Dzur? Could
>>> Tukko and
>>> Sethra be the same person? The Necromancer or Verra (I think)
>>> discuss being
>>> able to be in two different places at the same time. Does it have
>>> to be two
>>> different planes, or not?
>>
>> Well, doesn't Sethra specifically say in /Issola/, that she cannot
>> be in
>> two places at once?
>>
>> Of course, it's always possible that Sethra may have been <gasp>
>> lying.
>
> Or speaking elipticly; polylocation may be required but not
> sufficient for
> godhood.
>
> On the other hand, given the conversations between Sethra and Tukko it
> seems very unlikely they're a case of bilocation.

I think that Tukko is a god. He seems to have at least two personae:
Chaz and Tukko. Chaz is humorous while Tukko is humorless. These
different manifestations have not been seen together, but then again,
it may be that the reporting is at fault, rather than the reality.

"Dri" sounds derivative of "dra", the honorific applied to Pei'ans,
the race that trains its people to be gods.