Dragaera

Author support?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Sat Jul 15 09:55:38 PDT 2006

"A.S. Zanoni" <chica at dreamcafe.com> writes:

> (AKA Tangents spawned by LiveJournal topics this past week.)
>
> Thanks to everyone on the list for listening to this change of topic.  :>
>

> Folks have commented about buying books from Amazon etcetera.  I've
> been thinking about eBay (and the eBay stores).  It seems awfully
> crowded there, though.

Don't overlook Amazon associate status;  the payback rate is small,
but the effort is also small.  (People buying the books from Amazon
via a special link give the account-holder a small credit.)

> For fans who wish to purchase books direct from SKZB - what other
> possibilities exist?  I =suspect= that an online store would make
> Steve uncomfortable.  =shrug=  However, he's been persuaded to allow
> PayPal donations recently.
>
> What about using PayPal for fans purchasing books?

The issue in my experience is keeping current on the work of
shipping.  If you or somebody is up to handling that, I see no reason
not to do it.  I've used Paypal since the beginning, for ebay
purchases and sales and for other sales off a web site I ran.  Some
people can't stand them, but it's much easier and often cheaper than
getting your own credit card merchant account.

> - No, this is NOT a way to get early copies of _Dzur_.  Sorry.
> Haven't got any in stock.
>
> - In case you're wondering; this is not just a fishing
> expedition. Brust titles are actually on hand - just Tor and Orb
> editions.  The autograph is part of the basic service.

For stuff that's out of print (hence rarer, at least in that edition),
it might possibly be worth trying ebay auctions, maybe.  But just
selling them direct might be as good.  We've done a small enough
number of Tam Lin auctions I'm not sure.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <mailto:dd-b at dd-b.net>, <http://www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <http://www.dd-b.net/carry/>